Enjoy the magical, spiritual, and poetic Sama dance with Saba Zameni.
Inspired by Whirling Dervishes of Konya, you will learn how to express your feminine power and delicacy at the same time.
How can I join your classes?
Group Sama Dance Classes
Fusion Sama Dance
8:15 pm to 9:15 pm
October 24 to November 28
Online or In-Studio
– If you register for the full course but want to leave us for any reason up to 24 hours after the first session, you can get a full refund.
– If we do not meet the minimum registration capacity for each class, we will reschedule the class’s start date. We also offer to refund the full amount or keep the amount you paid as a credit for your next class registration.
– All session times are in the Toronto time zone (Eastern Standard/Daylight Time) and prices are in Canadian dollars.
Private Sama Dance Classes
Our Studio Classes
($90 per hour)
Your Place Classes
($140 per hour)
($630 for 8 in-studio sessions)
Online Classes for Adults
($60 per hour)
– Our in-studio sessions are 1-hour minimum but you can add 30 minutes to your order.
– We can come to your place in Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Markham, and North York. If you live in other areas, please contact us.
– These rates are for individual students; 25% additional fees apply if the second person joins.
Sufi dancing/whirling is a form of dancing and physically active meditation worship in Sufism mystic tradition that emphasizes the inward search for the divine (similar to Yoga and Hinduism). Mevlevi (Rumi) was the first one who found whirling as a way to lose self and find it again in worship and reach of God.
Sama is a loving and joyful practice for embodiment; when you surrender yourself, let your soul into the greater, and connect with the unlimited source of potential. Through key and powerful practice for withstanding the extreme turbulence, we are living through, elevate ourselves to the next level of being. The moving practices also help you to approach the taste of this transformative, healing, and spiritual art that will take you out of your head and into the vast presence of your body, especially your heart when you can let it go and relax into the moment.
In her classes, Saba Zameni is trying to combine spiritual feelings with feminine forms and movement; to connect with our own body, express our authority and power, emphasize every detail of each move, merge with the music rhymes, adjust all the moves and forms along with the music, and of course perform elegantly.
Join her in Toronto or Online, release the tensions from all the stimuli you are bombarded by, and extend the love.